- Since 2008 investment in water services has fallen by 65%. Meanwhile Irish Water is spending €20,000 a day on consultants.
- Householders use 16% of all water but are being targeted to pay 78% of costs.
- The real agenda of water charges and meters is about preparing the service for privatisation.
- In 2015 they hoped to bring in €271 million from household water charges, while giving the top 17% a tax cut of over €400 million.
- Replace Irish Water with a public water and sanitation board.
- Abolish domestic water charges, and fund the service from progressive central taxation
- Hold a referendum to enshrine public ownership of our water in the Constitution.