Archive for the ‘Transport Tourism and Sport’ Category
Iarnród Éireann is planning to implement further timetable alterations from 9th December 2018, subject to the approval of the National Transport Authority.
Changes are proposed on the following routes:
- Northern Commuter
- Dublin to Maynooth/M3 Parkway/Longford Commuter
- Dublin Sligo Intercity
- Dublin Rosslare Intercity
- Grand Canal Dock/Hazelhatch/Newbridge Commuter
Key elements of the proposed new timetables are:
- More frequent off-peak and weekend services between Maynooth/Drogheda and Connolly, including extended morning and evening operating hours between Maynooth and Connolly on Sundays
- Introduction of Monday to Friday off-peak services between Hazelhatch and Grand Canal Dock, via Phoenix Park Tunnel
- An additional Monday to Friday service each way between Sligo and Dublin Connolly
- Time alterations on Rosslare Europort/Dublin Connolly services
- More even intervals on DART services on Saturdays
In addition, to address feedback from customers arising from the changed schedules in September, the following further alterations are planned:
- A number of morning Northern Commuter services will additionally serve Portmarnock, Clongriffin and Howth Junction; and one evening Northern Commuter service will additionally serve Clongriffin and Portmarnock, to balance capacity
- Additional early morning 06.52hrs Connolly to Malahide DART service to provide connection to northbound Northern Commuter service for DART customers at intermediate stations
- Revised timings on Sligo/Dublin Connolly route services to improve punctuality
- A number of other minor schedule alterations to improve punctuality
Customers are invited to submit feedback on the proposed revisions through this form, by 17.00hrs on Thursday 15th November.
Serious Questions need to be asked about the appointment of Fingal Co Co as Competent Authority on Airport Noise
To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport the status of the planned Metro North for Swords; if problems have been identified; the way in which he plans to conduct the consultation process with residents; and if it will be delivered within the announced time-frame.
– Clare Daly T.D.
For ORAL answer on Tuesday, 24 April, 2018.
As the Deputies are already aware the recently published National Development Plan (NDP), which was launched earlier this year by Government as part of Project Ireland 2040, brings together the Metro North and Metro South projects, as envisaged by the NTA’s GDA Strategy, into one project called MetroLink.