Archive for the ‘Dáil Issues’ Category
Iarnród Éireann is planning to implement further timetable alterations from 9th December 2018, subject to the approval of the National Transport Authority.
Changes are proposed on the following routes:
- Northern Commuter
- Dublin to Maynooth/M3 Parkway/Longford Commuter
- Dublin Sligo Intercity
- Dublin Rosslare Intercity
- Grand Canal Dock/Hazelhatch/Newbridge Commuter
Key elements of the proposed new timetables are:
- More frequent off-peak and weekend services between Maynooth/Drogheda and Connolly, including extended morning and evening operating hours between Maynooth and Connolly on Sundays
- Introduction of Monday to Friday off-peak services between Hazelhatch and Grand Canal Dock, via Phoenix Park Tunnel
- An additional Monday to Friday service each way between Sligo and Dublin Connolly
- Time alterations on Rosslare Europort/Dublin Connolly services
- More even intervals on DART services on Saturdays
In addition, to address feedback from customers arising from the changed schedules in September, the following further alterations are planned:
- A number of morning Northern Commuter services will additionally serve Portmarnock, Clongriffin and Howth Junction; and one evening Northern Commuter service will additionally serve Clongriffin and Portmarnock, to balance capacity
- Additional early morning 06.52hrs Connolly to Malahide DART service to provide connection to northbound Northern Commuter service for DART customers at intermediate stations
- Revised timings on Sligo/Dublin Connolly route services to improve punctuality
- A number of other minor schedule alterations to improve punctuality
Customers are invited to submit feedback on the proposed revisions through this form, by 17.00hrs on Thursday 15th November.
Statement from the Coalition of Mother and Baby Homes Survivors
Well known campaigner and author Paul Jude Redmond has resigned from Minister Zappone’s Survivors Forum claiming it is a ‘cynical, time wasting farce of no benefit to living survivors’. The full text of his letter of resignation is below.
To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the steps being taken to accommodate 200 students from a school (details supplied) that have had to vacate a school building due to significant structural issues; and if he will make a statement on the matter. (Details Supplied) Ardgillan Community College?
I wish to advise the Deputy that arrangements have been put in place by the School to accommodate all students affected as a result of the decision to close Phase 1 of the school building. Transition Year students will be accommodated within the school, while the adjacent Community Centre has made its premises available to the School while the issues with the Phase 1 building are being addressed. All students will have access to the necessary practical rooms, with access to a woodwork room being offered by a local secondary school.