- Gridlock is back, as the undermining of public transport forces north county commuters back into cars.
- Price hikes for reduced train and bus services have become the order of the day, as public transport operators struggle to deal with vicious cuts in state funding, while €62 million in subsidies will be handed to toll road operators up to 2020
- The Government axed Metro, which should have been operational last year, and are now trying to claim credit for reinstating it, with construction due to start in 2021!
- There needs to be massive state investment in a properly integrated public transport system.
- Shift the emphasis away from roads, and State subsidisation of private transport.
- Fast track Metro and the DART extension to Balbriggan.
- Increase the number of routes and capacity of Nifti as a potentially vital publicly-run rural transport service.
Image: Les Chatfield